If you like to make comics or graphics, and you love Aleister Crowley 2012, submit your work to the AC2012 Comic Contest! Read on for the contest rules:
AC2012 Comic Contest rules
- AC2012 must be mentioned prominently in the comic.
- All entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org before the sun enters Capricorn on December 21, 2011.
- The comic must be your own work.
- We are using a very loose definition of “comic.” Anything which incorporates graphics and text qualifies.
- Comics may be created in any media, but must be submitted in digital form.
- You must allow us to publish the comic on this website, along with a link to your site.
- You retain copyright of your work, but by entering this contest you permit us to use your comic to promote AC2012.
Tips to win:
- Make it funny.
- If it’s not funny, but more “graphic novel” style, that’s okay too; make up for lack of humor with artistry and intelligence.
- Direct quotations of Aleister Crowley get bonus points.
- The more prominent you make AC2012, the better.
- Referencing popular political issues will also help.
What you get:
- All the best entries will be featured together in a blog post on AC2012.com, along with a link to the artist’s website.
- The winning entry will be featured on the front page of AC2012.com throughout the year in 2012, along with a link to the artist’s website.
- The winning artist will also receive a $50 gift certificate for AC2012 swag, plus a free copy of Sinical Magazine #3 or #4 (your choice).
This contest is a great way for artists to get a bit of exposure, and help out AC2012 at the same time. If you know anyone who might have the skills to create something interesting, please pass along a link to this post!